October, Ollie the Octopus, & Pumpkins?
When we think of major holidays in October most people (including us) think of Halloween! We love any chance to dress up, enjoy copious amounts of foods and treats containing pumpkin (or pumpkin spice, which does not come from pumpkins). Fall weather starts to make an appearance, for those of us down south that means breaking out hoodies and getting to enjoy backyard fire pits again! But, did you know that October also brings UN|HUSHED’s birthday?
That’s right! Ollie the Octopus and UN|HUSHED are celebrating our 5th birthday! As a tiny nonprofit organization, making it to 5 years is a big deal. We want to celebrate with you. Join us for our first in person celebration in Austin, TX on October 21st and 22nd. You can find all of the details here.
For people who can’t join us in person, we’re holding a digital silent auction you can still get in on. We’ll post that link on our social media starting Friday, October, 21st so keep an eye out for that.
Join us in October for:
- 16th-17th | Miami, FL | Dare to Dream of the Erotic: A Sexuality Attitudes Reassessment for Professionals with Karen Rayne, PhD, CSE and Tanya Bass, PhD, MEd, MS, CHES, CSE
- 17th-19th | Miami, FL | Healthy Teen Network Conference stop by our exhibitor’s booth.
- 21st | Austin, TX | 6:00-8:00pm at BookPeople for our all ages birthday bash!
- 22nd | Austin, TX | 6:00-10:00pm at Cheer Up Charlie’s for our 18+ birthday celebration.
- 24th-25th | Round Rock, TX | Texas Child Care Administrators Conference come see us at booth 55.
As always thanks for following along. We’d love to hear from you on our various social media accounts. Go like and share the things!
Don’t forget to set up a monthly donation to help support our work here!
OFFICE CLOSURE DATES THIS MONTH
Our offices will be open virtually 9-5 M-F
We will be closed on our travel dates and Halloween/Samhain